Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

England to peak in perfect T20 showpiece

England fully deserve to be in the ICC World Twenty20 final, and this is a good showpiece for each neutral Australia their meeting in Barbados.

I stand by I am convinced that England will win the tournament, and I have always said that they were the dark horses - Australia will be very wary of the country at risk of Paul Collingwood available.

Australia are very clinical in advancing to the final and victory over defending champion Pakistan should not be underestimated, but they do not have the inspiration that their competitors are already in their ranks.

They may be unbeaten, but Australia faced two serious slumps wool - they are against Bangladesh 65 for six, and against Sri Lanka have been longing for 67 for five before it pulled round.

One is to have players that are efficient, ruthless and professional Michael Clark as a country are abundant, but, unlike England, they have key players to win a match of this magnitude.

In Eoin Morgan, Kevin Pietersen , England have three stars, which can only leave hopes that the opposition in tatters and I can not see that in Australia XI.

As I said before, Pietersen is the most naturally gifted player in the world in limited overs Cricket, and the manner in which Sri Lanka ended with incredible confidence and belief is particularly startling given 8000 miles round trip to go back to the Caribbean.

I've never seen an England team with so much self-belief and team spirit, and it is a joy to see players perform this freedom and courage when considering how behind the rest of the world we were only in the last ICC World Twenty20 10 months ago.

Morgan is a revelation, but he still does not disappoint in an England shirt, leading a large number of wins and baffling opposing captains in the process - almost any other, unless in the world which has the same air of mystery.

Australia are known for their ability to develop plans for the batsmen to stick to them firmly with real discipline, but they will struggle to contain Pietersen and Morgan in this policy environment, and this is after they have faced and Michael Lumb Craig Kieswetter to the top.

England batsmen Kevin Pietersen, left, after defeating Sri Lanka by 7 'Ultimate goal scorer with 24 balls remaining on the side of Twenty20 CrickeClarke deserves credit for the way they provide their clinical progression during the tournament, but even the master himself failed to inspire in the shortest format of the game only works with 48 so far in the race a poor strike rate of 70. It is ironic that, as captains have contributed very little so far in the tournament with Collingwood as equally disappointing.

For me, the player England should fear the most is Dirk Nannes, who is a seasoned performer in this format. The 33-year-old is a party to the Netherlands, Middlesex, Victoria and New Delhi Daredevils and knows his game inside out.

Nannes is a colorful character and provide inspiration and exuberance in the field, and former Dutch paceman deserves an exclusive relationship that he has a tournament-leading wicket taken 13.

In the chaotic Shaun Tait often convened a key loophole when Australia required at first, and Mitchell Johnson can not be underestimated, the first change coming from the three pacemen racks with 29 'Last Scorer between them.

Cameron White is a very dangerous player side England will be very aware since his days in Somerset, while Steven Smith was impressed with his leg breaks, but there is no doubt that Australia lack a world class factory as Swan and I'll take Michael Yardy Smith is also over.

England can not afford to underrate their deadly rivals and it will certainly be fierce competition final, but I back Andy Flower men have too much class and opportunity in all directions for Australia and must be at the end of 35 years waiting for an ICC trophy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More